Browse catalog of our products
- Unique spatially adaptive Beamforming technology
- Interference mitigation algorithms for extended coverage and capacity
- Deep indoor penetration
- Uniform coverage under both Line-of-Sight (LOS) and Non-Line-of-Sight (NLOS) conditions
- SDMA technology doubles the base station’s downlink capacity
These unmatched characteristics enable service providers, governments and enterprises to deliver high quality Wi-Fi service in metro and rural areas. With fewer base stations required for covered area, WBS family provides up to 50% savings in CAPEX and OPEX and a quicker ROI.
WBS Family of Products
- WBS-2400-SCT – Sector base station in 2.4 GHz with three radios and three antennas that cover a 120° sector.
- WBS-2400 – Omni base station in 2.4 GHz with six antennas and six radios that cover 360°.
- WBS 5000-SCT – Sector base station in 5 GHz with three radios and three antennas that cover a 120° sector .
- WBS 5000 – Omni base station in 5 GHz with three antennas and three radios that cover 360°.
- WBS-5800-SCT – Sector base station in 5.8 GHz with three radios and three antennas that cover a 120° sector.
- WBS-5800 – Omni base station in 5.8 GHz with six antennas and six radios taht cover 360°.
Spatially Adaptive Beamforming
Alvarion’s spatially adaptive Beamforming technology is based on multiple radios and multiple antennas array leveraging the multiple signals received and transmitted by them. The multiple signals are properly adjusted by the Beamforming technology to maximize the transmission signal in the client modem and the receiving signal in the base station modem.
With Alvarion’s Beamforming, the base station contains up to six powerful radios, which are used together with high gain antennas to form extremely efficient dynamic Beamforming per packet.
Interference Immunity Suite
Operating in the unlicensed band requires the strongest interference immunity algorithms and tools to cope with existing and future interferences. Utilizing a decade of outdoor Wi-Fi experience, Alvarion’s Interference Immunity Suite includes:
- Beamforming, with its inherent ability to suppress interference by 5 to 8 dB (according to the HW model)
- The Dynamic Interference Handling (DIH) algorithm, which continuously optimizes receiver’s parameters according to varying noise levels
- The Automatic Channel Selection (ACS) algorithm, which scans all channels and automatically selects the best operating channel
- The Wireless Alvarion Rate Adaptation (WARA) which enables optimal rate selection in outdoor environments with high interference
- Down Tilted Antenna (DTA) and sector antenna abilities to reject noise out of their fields-of-view